Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Short Update

School life has been busy as I am taking three classes this summer, so that's the reason why I haven't been posting much in this blog.  I'm sorry.

I've been getting worse physically and mentally, which is making my depression worse.  I haven't gone to a new endocrinologist since I can't afford to go to one.  I go to my ENT in September, but due to having breathing issues again, tightness in my neck (not near my scar), lymph node causing pain, and more, I'm trying to see if I can get my appointment moved up.  I'm hoping to get a cortisol test kit soon so I can see if I'm right that my adrenals are causing problems with my medication.  Then I have to find a doctor that will treat it, which might be hard to do.

I'm still working on trying to get disability.  I just had a physical evaluation by the one disability doctor who during the whole thing kept paying attention to his phone and rushed the whole thing.  Luckily during my research today I found out about a residual functional capacity form that I can have my doctors to fill out, so I'm going to send the forms to my ENT and family doctor soon.  I think this would help my case greatly.

I'm trying to keep myself occupied with other things like writing (yay! Something I can actually do), which has been making me happy.  I have been thinking about writing a book on my cancer story.  For those that don't have thyroid cancer, if you go into a book store and look for a book on thyroid cancer alone, you're not going to find it.  You'll find books on thyroid health cookbooks, books on hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, Grave's, and Hashimotos.  These books might have a small chapter on thyroid cancer, but that's it.  It bothers me a lot.  Of course you see a lot of books on like breast cancer and lung cancer, I understand these are common cancers, but the other cancers need books on them too.

Besides thinking of writing a book on my cancer story, I've been working on a comic idea and been outlining the first issue.  I plan during my winter break to work on actually scripting it properly, so an artist can actually draw from it.  I'm still playing around with the idea and developing my characters, but I hope soon that I'll be able to see my stories to be drawn out and shared with others.

That's all for now...  I will try to update this more often and I should be able to since I only have three weeks left of my summer semester.

2 comments:

  1. A comic book sounds like a very exciting idea. I really love the comic/graphic novel form of storytelling. Maybe one day you share snips of your writing world here with us?

    In the meanwhile, I hope you can get that disability and have the appointment moved up asap. Hang in there. ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. I will one day try to share some parts of my script for the comic stuff and the cancer book. That might be awhile since I overloaded myself with school again.

      I got denied for disability and social security income again.

      Delete